Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hand-made.

I always liked the story in Genesis where God takes the dust of the ground and forms a man, and then breathes into his nostrils the breath of life. I like this beautiful picture of the Master Creator at work. And how wonderful it must have been for Adam to know that he had been so lovingly and personally crafted.

Today was Sanctity of Life Sunday at our church. When our pastor quoted verse 13 of Psalm 139,"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb" he reminded us that God did the same thing for each of us; He formed our inward parts and knitted us together BY HAND. He created me in the same way he created Adam; with an extremely personnal interest to detail, and a hands-on approach.

And, yeah, it is pretty wonderful to know that.

Katherine

No comments: