Thursday, January 06, 2011

Grandchildren

I am babysitting three of my grandchhildren, ages 2, almost 4 and 5 and a half. So far so good. They are all asleep and it is barely 8:30 pm. Their parents are on a skiing trip (in state, not off far away). I remember enjoying my own children more as they aged a little. These little ones can be tiring, but already they are able to do a lot for themselves. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Fortunately, I have little pressing on my own agenda, so I do have the time to do this, and enjoy it.

Winter in MN can be harsh simply because of the lassitude it provokes. Do I really want to go swimming at the Y when 5 degrees is the high for the day? It is so much easier to stay home and do nothing than to explore the wide world that waits to be enjoyed by those with the drive to confront it. Lazy me. Cabin fever of my own making. I do have a car, and there are warm places to go. Ah, well. We'll see.

Katherine

No comments: