Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Past

The Christmas decorations are packed away for the most part. I'm still not sure of the protocol for getting rid of the tree. ("Getting rid of" seems a harsh fate for the truly lovely tree we had this year. I am actually loathe to part with it, but will bow to convention and send it on its way even though I am tempted to keep it until it looks far less lovely than it does right now.)

The decorations are gone, but this "Christmas past" will linger in my memory bank along with all the other Yuletide celebrations of my life. The warm memories of family and friends, and especially the joy of welcoming that special friend we have in Jesus, will enrich my days whenever I chose to pull those times from the recess of my mind.

Like Mary, I get to keep all these things and ponder them in my heart.

Katherine

No comments: