Thursday, January 20, 2011

Habit

For as long as I can remember, I have always dressed one foot at a time. By that I mean I put on a sock and then a shoe and then repeat the process on the other foot, sock then shoe. Most people put on their socks and then their shoes. I do too, sometimes, but most often I use the sock, shoe method.

Just last week I discovered where that habit began. I was at the YMCA, I had finished swimming my mile (when I go I always swim a mile....no exceptions) and had taken my shower and was dressing. As I put on my sock I looked immediately for my shoe, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PUT A SOCKED FOOT ON THE FLOOR IN THE DRESSING ROOM AFTER SWIMMING BECAUSE YOUR SOCK GETS ALL WET.

I've been swimming since I was a very young child. I was probably learning to swim at about the same time I was learning to dress myself.

Mystery solved.

Katherine

No comments: