Monday, August 07, 2006

The Writer's Prayer

Holy God, Creator of language and words, as the Holy Spirit inspired the Scriptures through the pens of holy men, so, too, help me to put thoughts on paper that glorify You. Give me words that edify and build up the body of Christ.

Even as You sent the Word to dwell among us that many would be saved, may the words I write concerning Jesus Christ prompt the hearts and minds of many to turn to You. Keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith that, as an author of books and devotions and stories and skits, all I write may be but a reflection of You.

Made in Your image I cannot but create. Thank You for this priveledge and this gift. Give me words that You would say, so that others would read these good words and glorify the Father in heaven. I ask these things in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: