Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Shopping

My daughter, Sarah, just dropped by to pick up Bradley's stroller that she left here yesterday. She said she was on the way to the mall, because one of our favorite stores is having a 70% off the sale price sale.

Curiously, I found myself not too interested. I am in a non-spending, non commercial mode. Partly it is because I have been deliberately working less this summer. I would much rather have time than money right now. But, partly, I hope, my accumulation glands are waning in strength. I feel I have lost some of my appetite for "things". I don't know if it is a sign of maturity or old age, but it is a peacful feeling and I am glad to be in this stage.

Will it last? I'm not sure, but I do not spend much time shopping anymore. I find the less goods I see the less I want, and there is a time for everything. Apparently, for me, anyway, it is not currently the time to shop.

No comments: