Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Books I've Read This Year

I think I am just going to keep a running tally of the books I have read this year (starting 1/15/11):


1.   Crossfire Dick Francis and Felix Francis. The last book by Dick Francis. He died in Feb, 2010: age 89.
2.   The St. Paul Conspiracy  Roger Stelljes  A new author to me. Writes in the style of John Sanford.
3.   Blood and Honor  Rienhold Kerstan  A book I had read once before about a German youth in WWII
4.   Sizzle Julie Garwood suspence, one of my favorite genres.
5.   See Isabelle, Run  Elizabeth Bloom More romantic suspence.
6.   The Referral of a Lifetime  Tim Templeton Great business book. Part of the Ken Blanchard series.
7.   Read & Get Rich  Burke Hedges Talks about the hidden power of reading.
8.   Divine Justice  David Baldacci A wild read.
9.   Success! The Glenn Bland Method   Glenn Bland Can you tell I like self-help books?
10. The Reversal Michael Connelly Detective and courtroom drama. Good suspence.
11. Once A Spy Keith Thomson I absolutely loved this book. It's full of humor and suspense. A great thriller.
12. The Weight of Glory C.S. Lewis NOT a fast read. Penetrating spiritual insight. Deeply instructive.
13. Fidelity Thomas Perry I love this Author. I actually read this book some years ago, and forgot enough of it to enjoy it enormously once again. (I rarely reread a fiction book.) Clever, but a little violent.
14. Strip Thomas Perry. Another really clever book.
15. Plum Lucky  Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum, fun and silly as ever.
16. Think of a Number John Verdon. Most clever mystery/suspence ever! Loved it.
17. Live to Tell Wendy Corsi Staub Another good one with lots of twists and turns.
18. Internecine David J. Schow Mind-bending thriller.

No comments: