Wednesday, November 08, 2006

elections

Yesterday's election results, consistant across the whole nation, must mean something. Being a Republican, it was, of course, a big defeat. It makes me ashamed, though, of the senators and congressmen who, working with a President from their own party, did so little with that power to do good for their nation. I am almost (not quite) ready to say kick them all out. The Democrats did that in rousing fashion, and I can't say I blame them. The saying that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely is appropriate here. Lets the Democrats beware, however. They now have the headiness of being the party in power. Let's see how they fare.

The real sadness is that Missouri passed the stem cell amendment to their constitution. I have read parts of that document, and using a phrase from Jesus, all I can say is, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." And an electorate that votes on emotion rather than ethics or even facts will have this thing come back to haunt them.

No comments: